Jigsaw Academy Receives Investment to Grow Data Analytics Courses


Jigsaw Academy, a platform that offers help to users in the area of data analytics, has raised almost $3 million in its first round of funding led by Manipal Global Education (MaGE).

TV Mohandas Pai, MaGE Chairman and former Director at InfoSys, has also invested an unknown amount and is expected to join the academy’s advisory board, reports Bhawna Gupta for DealStreetAsia.

“Trained professionals who understand the right approach to applying analytics will drive new value propositions across industries and companies of all sizes,” said Pai, who joins Jigsaw Academy’s Advisory Board. “The demand for these skills is increasing tremendously across all ventures and enterprises,” he added.

The online data and analytics training school said the funds will be used to increase its product portfolio as well as its global presence throughout the US, UK, Australia, and the Middle East.  In addition, it is looking to partner with more corporations in order to offer additional data analytics training to professionals, writes Vishal Srivastava for The Tech Portal.

“This funding that we have received will help us take bigger steps in the global market more aggressively while opening up more corporate training opportunities,” said Gaurav Vohra, co-founder and CEO, Jigsaw Academy.

Zohra went on to say that there is potential in the analytics and data training market in India and elsewhere.

The company plans to get more than 50% of its business from international markets, such as the US, Australia, Europe, and Singapore, up from the 20% contribution it currently maintains.  The remaining 80% of its revenue comes from India.  The company decided to raise external funding after five years in an effort to boost its growth in foreign markets, writes Harshith Mallya for YourStory.

Founded in 2011, the academy offers a range of courses focusing on data analytics and big data.  The courses are offered at varying skill levels, including beginner, intermediate and advanced.

Also included is training in big data for corporations through specialized courses in a number of sectors, including retail, e-commerce, human resources, and supply chain.  The company said in all it has trained around 40,000 students in 30 countries, as well as over 100 corporations and IT giants across different verticals.

Although most of the training can be accomplished online, the core value proposition comes from its lab program, which offers students the ability to work on real life big data analytics problems as faced by large MNC’s.

The company’s team is made up of about 100 members, with plans to double that within the next 12 months.

MaGE offers similar training to corporations, as well as vocational training and other technology-based courses in testing and education delivery.

Privacy Policy Advertising Disclosure EducationNews © 2019