Just two months before Pennsylvania was scheduled to begin its Common Core Standards rollout,... Read More
North Carolina Parents Release New Reform Website
PEFNC has launched a website and video arguing that education reform is a natural extension of the current state of educational affairs in North Carolina.
Parents for Education Freedom in North Carolina have released a website and prominently featured video that illustrates why increased educational choice is needed in the state.
“In light of recent education reform measures being passed in our legislature, we created this video because we felt it was critical for our policy makers, education journalists and families to see that there is a truth not frequently discussed, even among those in education: that North Carolina has long embraced the significant working relationship between our traditional and nontraditional schools,” said Darrell Allison, PEFNC president.
The video states that only half of children from working families pass state tests, that less than 70% of high school working class students pass high school state exams and that factors beyond their control such as income or zip code are what determines the quality of a child’s education under the current system. Currently 45,000 NC students choose public charter school and 85,000 NC students are educated at home and 100,000 have chosen private education. It notes that under the current one-size fits all model, if the 230,000 students currently outside the public school system were added into it the system wouldn’t be able to cope with the influx. As NC has already created a symbiotic working relationship between the public school system and outside options, extending this to include charter schools and parental choice is not a radical shift but merely an extension of current policy.
The site aims to provide a comprehensive, informative and unique perspective in education North Carolina and will include regular features of parents, school leaders and public officials.
Other website features include a “Public Official Spotlight” highlighting local and state public servants working to expand educational options for families, parents lending their voice and sharing their educational experiences in “Parent Stories” and a “Legislative and Policy Update” section providing current information on education reform efforts in the General Assembly.
PEFNC recently retained the services of Forward Ventures founding CEO, Christopher Gergen, a respected veteran of the education reform movement.
No more pencils or paper for Virginia students preparing for the state’s standardized exams.... Read More
Randi Weingarten, President of the American Federation of Teachers, is pushing for a moratorium on... Read More
More groups are saying that the time and expense dedicated to standardized testing is having... Read More
Plan your career as an educator using our free online datacase of useful information.
- Select a State Subject
- Christian Counseling Schools in Tennessee
- Criminal Justice Schools in California
- Select a City Subject
- Christian Counseling Schools in Cleveland
- Christian Counseling Schools in Collegedale
- Christian Counseling Schools in Henderson
- Christian Counseling Schools in Madisonville
- Christian Counseling Schools in Nashville
- Criminal Justice Schools in El Cajon
- Criminal Justice Schools in Glendale
- Criminal Justice Schools in Hayward
- Criminal Justice Schools in Huntington Park
- Criminal Justice Schools in Joshua Tree
- Criminal Justice Schools in Napa
- Criminal Justice Schools in Torrance
- Criminal Justice Schools in Turlock
- Criminal Justice Schools in Visalia
- Criminal Justice Schools in Walnut
- Criminal Justice Schools in Weed
- Criminal Justice Schools in West Covina