Epson Changes Interactive Whiteboard Game with Innovative, Cost-Effective Interactive Projection Solution
ORLANDO, Fla. (FETC, Booth 1001) – Jan. 13, 2010 – Epson, the number-one selling projector brand worldwide1, today introduced the BrightLink 450Wi, an intelligent, interactive projector that allows educators to turn any standard whiteboard or smooth wall into an interactive learning area.
Epson Changes Interactive Whiteboard Game with Innovative, Cost-Effective Interactive Projection Solution
BrightLink 450Wi Ultra-Short Throw Projector Turns Practically Any Classroom Surface into an Interactive Learning Environment
ORLANDO, Fla. (FETC, Booth 1001) – Jan. 13, 2010 – Epson, the number-one selling projector brand worldwide1, today introduced the BrightLink 450Wi, an intelligent, interactive projector that allows educators to turn any standard whiteboard or smooth wall into an interactive learning area. This innovative classroom tool delivers a cost-effective solution for educators to easily integrate interactive capabilities and eliminates the need to purchase and install dedicated interactive whiteboards (IWB).
The BrightLink 450Wi can project onto any existing whiteboard, wall or other smooth, hard surface, providing educators with virtually unlimited classroom flexibility. In today’s cost-conscious environment, the Epson BrightLink 450Wi offers school administrators a price advantage by providing significantly more usable interactive area than dedicated IWBs. The ultra-short throw Epson BrightLink 450Wi interactive projector comes with two digital infrared pens and wall mount hardware for easy installation.
“Creating a better learning environment and staying within budgetary constraints are the key goals educators have when considering the purchase of any classroom technology,” said Rajeev Mishra, director, Epson Projection, Epson America. “The BrightLink 450Wi brings an affordable interactive solution to the classroom that used to require two components – a projector and an interactive whiteboard. The benefits of this versatile solution will revolutionize the classroom and will no doubt carry over into conference rooms and boardrooms across the country.”
Flexible and Versatile Projection Solution
The BrightLink 450Wi features 2,500 lumens white light output and 2,500 lumens color light output2 and helps to future-proof the classroom with networkability, wireless features and advanced connectivity. It also delivers WXGA resolution (16:10 aspect ratio) for full compatibility with widescreen notebooks and movie content, and can easily meet the space needs of any classroom by projecting images from 55-inches diagonal to up to 96-inches diagonal (WXGA) and up to 102-inches diagonal (XGA).
Using the BrightLink 450Wi, educators can deliver presentations over a school’s wired (using RJ-45 connectivity) network, giving teachers increased flexibility with their lesson delivery methods. With networked presentations, educators can include several classrooms in one lesson by showing the same content, or allow principals to deliver presentations to the entire school without students ever leaving the classroom.
For schools or districts already using curriculum software, the BrightLink 450Wi provides open compatibility with virtually any interactive software program, allowing educators to incorporate creative and engaging content from eTextbooks, multimedia online content and more into their curricula without added expense. For districts not already standardized or using a software curriculum package, BrightLink is available with RM Easiteach Software, a next-generation software solution designed by teachers to help create exciting and engaging lessons.
“The Epson BrightLink 450Wi looks to be an exceptional educational enhancement, allowing us to use virtually any smooth wall in the school as an interactive whiteboard to create an environment of creativity and collaboration in the classroom,” said Ted Lai, director, Technology and Media Services, Fullerton School District. “The savings we can realize from the BrightLink solution will allow us to free up dollars for additional education technology and expand interactivity into more classrooms.”
More about the Epson BrightLink 450Wi Interactive Projector
The Epson BrightLink 450Wi offers several easy-to-use and versatile features designed for the classroom and boardroom, including:
· Flexible Size Setup: Creates one of the largest interactive areas without the need to pay a premium for size; select the size to match and maximize available space with variable image sizes from 59-inches to 96-inches diagonal (WXGA) or 55-inches to 102-inches diagonal (XGA)
· Ultra-Short Throw Distance: Can be mounted as close as 2.8-inches away from the wall to accommodate smaller classrooms or meetings rooms, and can project a 60-inch diagonal image with the lens only 18-inches away; new high performance optics virtually eliminate hardware and shadow interference
· Multi-purpose: Maximizes the value of classroom real estate by projecting on preinstalled standard whiteboards or a plain wall
· Bright Images: 2,500 lumens color light output and 2,500 lumens white light output provides colorful, detailed presentations
· Closed Captioning: Built-in closed captioning decoder makes presentations accessible to viewers with hearing impairments with no added cost, and helps meet section 508 compliance
· Simplified Network Monitoring and Control: Flexible sizing in a single projector can meet the needs of multiple room environments, and RJ-45 wired LAN connectivity for remote monitoring and control via an IT network helps saves time and money, regardless of the projector’s physical location
· Message Broadcasting: Included EasyMP® Monitor software allows projector to be used as a broadcast system to show customized images and alerts over the network for announcements or instructions
· Easy Setup and Control: Instant On and Instant Off® helps to avoid delays when starting and finishing lectures; A/V Mute Slide instantly turns off the sound and images, customizable Sleep Mode saves energy, and 1.6x manual zoom offers positioning flexibility
· USB Plug ‘n Play Instant Setup: Instantly projects images from a Windows® PC or Mac via a USB connection, allowing for easier set up
· Extended Lamp Life: Using Epson’s exclusive E-TORL lamp technology, the lamp life can last up to 3,500 hours3 in economy mode
· Speaker and Microphone Input: Dedicated input allows teachers to use a microphone to amplify voice using the internal 10W speaker, saving the teacher’s voice and ensuring all students can hear; volume can be adjusted using projector or remote control buttons
· 3LCD Technology: Features the latest, 3LCD, 3-chip technology to deliver amazing, true-to-life color and detail for powerful presentations; 3LCD technology provides an energy efficient light engine which efficiently uses available lamp light to create stunning images; in contrast to 1-chip DLP technology, 3LCD requires, on average, 25 percent less electricity per lumen of brightness4
Epson also offers the Brighter Futures® program, a unique sales and support initiative that is available specifically for schools. Designed to help educators select and implement the best products for their classrooms while making the most of their budgets, Brighter Futures offers special pricing, extended Epson limited warranty coverage for three years, dedicated education account managers, and toll-free technical support for all Epson projectors.
Availability and Support
The Epson BrightLink 450Wi will be available in spring of 2010 for under $2,000 through select dealers on a state by state basis. Epson’s projectors come with a two-year limited warranty (three years for Brighter Futures customers) that includes two elite technical support services – two-year Epson PrivateLine® phone support where projector owners can directly access an expedited support telephone line by using a phone card that is included with the product, and a two-year Road Service projector replacement program that includes projector exchange in one business day. For additional information about the new BrightLink 450Wi, visit www.epson.com/brightlink.
About Epson America Inc.
Epson America Inc. is a leading provider of an extensive range of printers, 3LCD projectors, scanners and point-of-service printers that are renowned for their high quality, functionality, innovation and energy efficiency. Epson America is a U.S. affiliate of Seiko Epson Corporation, which employs more than 70,000 people in 106 companies around the world. Seiko Epson is committed to its ongoing contributions to the global environment and for the second year in a row has been named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index, an indicator for leading companies in economic, environmental and social criteria.
Enter your email to subscribe to daily Education News!
- Education Technology
- Online Education
- California Education
- Charter Schools
- Teachers Unions
- Education Research
- New York Education
- School Choice
- Education Funding
- STEM Education
- Parent Involvement
- UK Education
- Cost of College
- New York City Schools
- Florida Education
- Julia Steiny
- Common Core
- Texas Education
- Math Education
- School Health
- Los Angeles Schools
- Obama Administration
- Education Reform
- Pennsylvania Education
- Louisiana Education
- Chicago Schools
- College Admissions
- Online Courses
- Teacher Training
- New Jersey Education
- C. M. Rubin
- Ohio Education
- Early Childhood Education
- UK Higher Education
- Health Education
- Illinois Education
- Tennessee Education
- 2012 Election
- iPads in the Classroom
- Massachusetts Education
- Teacher Evaluation
Plan your career as an educator using our free online datacase of useful information.
- Select a State Subject
- Criminology Schools in South Carolina
- Liberal Arts Schools in Maine
- Music Schools in North Carolina
- Select a City Subject
- Criminology Schools in Central
- Criminology Schools in Columbia
- Criminology Schools in Hartsville
- Liberal Arts Schools in Auburn
- Liberal Arts Schools in Augusta
- Liberal Arts Schools in Bangor
- Liberal Arts Schools in Biddeford
- Liberal Arts Schools in Brunswick
- Liberal Arts Schools in Calais
- Liberal Arts Schools in Fairfield
- Liberal Arts Schools in Farmington
- Liberal Arts Schools in Machias
- Liberal Arts Schools in Orono
- Liberal Arts Schools in Unity
- Liberal Arts Schools in Wells
- Music Schools in Boone
- Music Schools in Brevard
- Music Schools in Fayetteville
- Music Schools in Greenville
- Music Schools in Hickory