The Century Foundation has released the final report of a task force convened in February of last... Read More
Worried Parents Confront School Management Board in Dubai
Chaos breaks out as hundreds of worried, confused parents storm Dubai’s Rajagiri International School demanding a meeting with the school’s management.
Hundreds of parents demanded a meeting with the management behind Rajagiri International School in Al Warqaa, Dubai this Saturday over a general climate of confusion. The school caters for more than a thousand students, but an alleged change in management has caused confusion and outrage among the parents, writes Muaz Shabandri at the Khaleej Times.
“We really don’t know what’s happening at the school. There is a new management and an old management and both of them are at loggerheads over the school’s ownership,” said an unnamed parent.
This Saturday, more than 200 parents gathered at a parent-teacher discussion to inform parents of the developments. And it was announced that the school’s management alleged that the school premises had been sold by the landlord to another group, as stated in a letter issued to the Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA).
“The new group has come to the school asking the senior academic and administrative staff to hand over the school documents to them. According to them, it’s their school and we need to get out of the school,” read the letter issued on November 10.
The letter then went on to describe how the landlord has allegedly ordered the school to vacate in the middle of the academic year without any prior notice.
However, the landlord refutes this. Ahmed Al Jafla, owner of the school property, said:
“We have not asked any student or staff to vacate the school and we will never remove any student from the school. We are working in the best interest of the students to protect their rights.”
A spokesperson from the school’s ‘new management’ backed this up, confirming that the students have not been asked to vacate:
“Currently the school is being managed by Rajagiri and we have not taken up the school’s management. We are waiting for the necessary approvals from the regulatory body and once the documentation is in place we will provide more information,” said the spokesperson.
But a frustrated parent who was at the school said:
“There is a lot of confusion and some of the parent’s want the old management to continue while the others want a new one… As parents, we have been paying the fees regularly and we were never informed of any problems by the school principal or other staff.”
The Regulatory and Compliance commission at the KHDA will now look into the case. The school, which was rated ‘Good’ in the annual school inspection report by the KHDA, offers the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) curriculum.
Parents will have more school choice opportunities in Michigan this year, The Detroit News reports.... Read More
This year’s edition of a school curriculum survey shows that the gap between high school... Read More
More groups are saying that the time and expense dedicated to standardized testing is having... Read More
Plan your career as an educator using our free online datacase of useful information.
- Select a State Subject
- Business Schools in South Carolina
- Educational Leadership Schools in Ohio
- Psychology Schools in Maine
- Select a City Subject
- Business Schools in Graniteville
- Business Schools in Lancaster
- Business Schools in Orangeburg
- Business Schools in Pendleton
- Educational Leadership Schools in Canton
- Educational Leadership Schools in Cleveland
- Educational Leadership Schools in Dayton
- Educational Leadership Schools in Mount Vernon
- Educational Leadership Schools in Urbana
- Educational Leadership Schools in Westerville
- Educational Leadership Schools in Yellow Springs
- Educational Leadership Schools in Youngstown
- Psychology Schools in Bangor
- Psychology Schools in Biddeford
- Psychology Schools in Brunswick
- Psychology Schools in Farmington
- Psychology Schools in Lewiston
- Psychology Schools in Machias
- Psychology Schools in Orono
- Psychology Schools in Portland
- Psychology Schools in Presque Isle
- Psychology Schools in Standish
- Psychology Schools in Waterville