The Institute of Education Sciences and the National Center for Education Statistics have released... Read More
Western Union Streamlines Tuition Payments in Indian Rupees
Western Union has partnered with India’s ICICI Bank to allow tuition to be withdrawn directly from students’ international bank accounts.
Western Union has announced a new option to make it easier for Indian students studying overseas to pay their college tuition. The company is partnering with colleges and universities around North America to allow the schools to accept tuition payments in Indian rupees.
By reaching an agreement with India’s ICICI Bank, Western Union will be able to aid in processing foreign tuition and fee invoices through students’ foreign bank accounts. Currently, the service is limited to colleges and universities in the USA and Canada, but the company plans to add other markets in the near future.
“This service will allow for the fast and reliable delivery of funds to universities, along with streamlined reconciliation and full student reference information,” said Raj Agrawal, President, Western Union Business Solutions. “We have a strong track record working with higher-education clients to ease the processing of cross-border payments.”
Peter Tom, who is the Director of the Cashier’s Office at the University of Southern California, one of the participating schools, said that the service will substantially reduce the expense and effort associated with collecting tuition payments from students who are foreign nationals. The money saved by the reduction in administrative costs can be passed on to the students, especially by waiving the fee the school normally charges to accept Western Union wire transfers from abroad. Tom added the new service was a welcome change for school administrators, and he hoped that it will be as enthusiastically embraced by the students.
Nearly 14% of all international students in the U.S. are from India according to the International Education’s Open Doors report; during the 2010-11 academic year, over 100,000 students from India were enrolled in American colleges and universities. And in Canada, the number of international students who are originally from India is growing rapidly. The number of student visas granted to Indian students by the Citizenship and Immigration Canada office tripled between 2008 and 2010, making the new service particularly timely.
Western Union Business Solutions works with global technology experts, including Higher One, to fuse its core foreign-exchange expertise and global reach with the knowledge of software developers who specialize in the education sector. The service for student tuition and fees such as meal plans and residence halls is fully integrated into the university’s website. Students register their names, their student identifications and the amount they wish to pay. Western Union Business Solutions displays a price in Indian rupees, with the exchange rate locked in. The student prints out the form and processes the payment through a participating ICICI bank location within 3 days.
Minneapolis based consulting and research firm Adventium Labs has developed an educational iOS game... Read More
It seemed like less than a decade ago that the popularity of high school exit exams was at its... Read More
More groups are saying that the time and expense dedicated to standardized testing is having... Read More
Plan your career as an educator using our free online datacase of useful information.
- Select a City Subject
- Liberal Arts Schools in Bolivar
- Liberal Arts Schools in Canton
- Liberal Arts Schools in Cape Girardeau
- Liberal Arts Schools in Columbia
- Liberal Arts Schools in Fayette
- Liberal Arts Schools in Florissant
- Liberal Arts Schools in Fulton
- Liberal Arts Schools in Hannibal
- Liberal Arts Schools in Hillsboro
- Liberal Arts Schools in Independence
- Liberal Arts Schools in Jefferson City
- Liberal Arts Schools in Joplin
- Liberal Arts Schools in Kansas City
- Liberal Arts Schools in Lees Summit
- Liberal Arts Schools in Lexington
- Liberal Arts Schools in Liberty
- Liberal Arts Schools in Marshall
- Liberal Arts Schools in Maryville
- Liberal Arts Schools in Moberly
- Liberal Arts Schools in Neosho
- Liberal Arts Schools in Nevada
- Liberal Arts Schools in Park Hills
- Liberal Arts Schools in Poplar Bluff
- Liberal Arts Schools in Rolla
- Liberal Arts Schools in Saint Charles
- Liberal Arts Schools in Saint Joseph
- Liberal Arts Schools in Saint Louis
- Liberal Arts Schools in Sedalia
- Liberal Arts Schools in Springfield
- Liberal Arts Schools in Trenton
- Liberal Arts Schools in Union
- Liberal Arts Schools in Warrensburg
- Liberal Arts Schools in West Plains
- Music Schools in Denton
- Music Schools in Fort Worth
- Music Schools in Hawkins
- Music Schools in Jacksonville