The Institute of Education Sciences and the National Center for Education Statistics have released... Read More
Misericordia Prof Continues to Lead in Medical Sonography
Sheryl Goss has been named secretary to the Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonography Board of Directors and chosen as the chair-elect for the Joint Review Committee for Education in Diagnostic Medical Sonography.
Sheryl Goss, M.S., R.T.(R.)(S.), R.D.M.S., R.D.C.S., R.V.T., chair and assistant professor of Diagnostic Medical Sonography at Misericordia University, has been re-elected as secretary for the Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (SDMS) Board of Directors and chosen to as the chair-elect for the Joint Review Committee for Education in Diagnostic Medical Sonography (JRCDMS).
The Hunlock Creek, Pa., resident served as secretary for SDMS from 2009-2011 and was recently inducted to serve the 2011-2013 term. SDMS is the largest professional society dedicated to sonographers with more than 23,000 members nationally and internationally.
Goss also recently was elected to the chair-elect position for JRCDMS, the committee of review for sonography education program accreditation for the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs. Goss will serve as chair-elect through 2013 and become chair in the fall of 2013 and serve through 2015.
Misericordia University offers an entry level 18-month certificate program as well as a Bachelor of Science degree in diagnostic medical sonography to enable professionals in the field to advance their education and career paths. The certificate program is available under part-time admissions while the bachelor program is available through the Expressway Accelerated Degree Program.
Diagnostic medical sonography is more commonly referred to as ultrasound. The certificate program prepares the graduate to practice in abdominal and obstetrical and gynecologic sonography. The BS program offers on-line education in advanced vascular sonography, advanced fetal and pediatric sonography and breast sonography. The degree offers preparation for additional credentialing in multiple specialties along with a liberal arts curriculum that helps students develop a global perspective in the ever-changing health care profession.
The Expressway Accelerated Degree Program is offered through the Misericordia University Center for Adult and Continuing Education. The popular format is designed to offer adult learners the opportunity to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as two and a half years at an affordable $350 per credit, while also providing a flexible schedule of evening, weekend and online classes to fit the busy lifestyle of the adult learner.
The Misericordia Expressway Program was established in 1999 by offering bachelor’s degree courses one day a week at the Luzerne County Community College campus in Nanticoke. The program has expanded over the years and also is offered now at the LCCC Hazleton Center in Hazleton, Pa.; the LCCC Center in Shamokin, Pa.; the Lackawanna College Center in Hazleton, Pa.; the Northampton County Community College Monroe Campus in Tannersville, Monroe County; the Lackawanna College campus in Scranton, Pa., and at the Lackawanna College Lake Region Center, in the former Silk Mill, in Hawley, Pa.
Founded and Sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy in 1924, Misericordia University is Luzerne County’s first four-year college and offers 32 academic majors on the graduate and undergraduate levels in full and part-time formats.
Minneapolis based consulting and research firm Adventium Labs has developed an educational iOS game... Read More
It seemed like less than a decade ago that the popularity of high school exit exams was at its... Read More
More groups are saying that the time and expense dedicated to standardized testing is having... Read More
Plan your career as an educator using our free online datacase of useful information.
- Select a Subject
- Architecture Schools
- Creative Writing Schools
- Gerontology Schools
- Sonography Schools
- Select a State Subject
- Architecture Schools in Michigan
- Creative Writing Schools in Iowa
- Gerontology Schools in Arizona
- Sonography Schools in New Jersey
- Select a City Subject
- Architecture Schools in Adrian
- Architecture Schools in Ann Arbor
- Architecture Schools in Berrien Springs
- Architecture Schools in Big Rapids
- Architecture Schools in Bloomfield Hills
- Architecture Schools in Dearborn
- Architecture Schools in Detroit
- Architecture Schools in East Lansing
- Architecture Schools in Flint
- Architecture Schools in Grand Rapids
- Architecture Schools in Ironwood
- Architecture Schools in Lansing
- Architecture Schools in Marquette
- Architecture Schools in Mount Pleasant
- Architecture Schools in Port Huron
- Architecture Schools in Southfield
- Architecture Schools in University Center
- Architecture Schools in Ypsilanti
- Creative Writing Schools in Ames
- Creative Writing Schools in Cedar Rapids
- Creative Writing Schools in Dubuque
- Creative Writing Schools in Forest City
- Creative Writing Schools in Orange City
- Gerontology Schools in Glendale
- Gerontology Schools in Phoenix
- Gerontology Schools in Tempe
- Gerontology Schools in Tucson
- Sonography Schools in Belleville
- Sonography Schools in CLIFTON
- Sonography Schools in Cranford
- Sonography Schools in Iselin
- Sonography Schools in Jersey City
- Sonography Schools in Nutley
- Sonography Schools in Paramus
- Sonography Schools in Pemberton
- Sonography Schools in Plainfield
- Sonography Schools in Ramsey
- Sonography Schools in Sewell
- Sonography Schools in South Plainfield
- Sonography Schools in Union