The Institute of Education Sciences and the National Center for Education Statistics have released... Read More
Chicago to Adopt College Readiness Metric
The Chicago board of education listens to the proposition of judging high schools by a College-Readiness Metric.
The Chicago Tribune reports that including college-readiness indicators in school evaluations could boost the number of high schools that must close in coming years.
This comes after Education Week reported that New York City is on the cusp of including college-readiness metrics in the way it evaluates high schools.
They predict that this is something that will become more familiar in the district. There’s a national focus on college readiness with Obama keenness for judging schools according to how well they prepare students for work or education after high school.
The Chicago board of education were given a Power Point presentation that made the case for tightening the screws on high schools, noting that fewer than six in 10 students graduate, and that students’ average ACT score is 17, short of the ACT’s “college readiness” benchmark of 21.
Only 8 percent of 11th graders are testing “college ready” in all subjects on the Prairie State Achievement Exam, which includes the ACT, as the data released in August shows.
In a press release issued for the board meeting, officials said they have commissioned new interim tests in literacy, math, and science that all 9th, 10th, and 11th graders will take this coming spring, to replace a patchwork of tests used for this purpose in the past.
But it sounds like these tests are more for feedback purposes than for evaluation.
Minneapolis based consulting and research firm Adventium Labs has developed an educational iOS game... Read More
It seemed like less than a decade ago that the popularity of high school exit exams was at its... Read More
More groups are saying that the time and expense dedicated to standardized testing is having... Read More
Plan your career as an educator using our free online datacase of useful information.
- Select a State Subject
- Biology Schools in Illinois
- Construction Management Schools in Massachusetts
- RN to BSN Schools in North Carolina
- Select a City Subject
- Biology Schools in Bourbonnais
- Biology Schools in Cicero
- Biology Schools in Decatur
- Biology Schools in Dixon
- Biology Schools in Elgin
- Biology Schools in Elsah
- Biology Schools in Evanston
- Biology Schools in Fairfield
- Biology Schools in Galesburg
- Biology Schools in Glen Ellyn
- Biology Schools in Godfrey
- Biology Schools in Harrisburg
- Biology Schools in Joliet
- Biology Schools in Naperville
- Biology Schools in North Chicago
- Biology Schools in Palos Heights
- Biology Schools in River Forest
- Construction Management Schools in Amherst
- Construction Management Schools in Boston
- Construction Management Schools in Fall River
- Construction Management Schools in Springfield
- Construction Management Schools in West Barnstable
- RN to BSN Schools in Raleigh
- RN to BSN Schools in Spruce Pine