Sports Psychology Schools
There are 14 accredited sports psychology schools in the country. As a professor or instructor of sports psychology classes at one of these schools, you play a essential role in shaping the future of this growing field. Below are charts, statistics and analysis of the trends in sports psychology academia which includes sports psychology training at the following levels:
- Sports Psychology Certificate
- Associates degree in Sports Psychology
- Bachelors degree in Sports Psychology
- Masters degree in Sports Psychology
- PhD degree in Sports Psychology
- Dark Yellow: Actual Values
In 2010, 100,700 sports psychology professionals were working in the US. Between 2006 and 2010, the number of sports psychology professionals has grown by 3%.
And the growth for all careers between the years 2006 and 2010 was 1%.
Nationally, the median yearly salary earned by sports psychology professionals was $66,810 in 2010. The median yearly salary for sports psychology professionals in the US was 6% more than that for all professions, which was $68,155 per year.
- Light Blue: Salaries
There has been a 12% growth in sports psychology professionals' salaries from 2006 to 2010.
- Yellow: Associate's Degree in Sports Psychology
- Blue: Bachelor's Degree in Sports Psychology
- Red: Doctorates Degree in Sports Psychology
- Light blue: Master's Degree in Sports Psychology
- Grey: Certificate in Sports Psychology
We are seeing a rapid change in the career outlook for sports psychology professionals. And the story on the educational front is similar. In the US, 2,115 students graduated from sports psychology degree programs in 2006. And in 2010, 2,012 students graduated from sports psychology schools.
This represents a 5% change in 4 years. The growth nationally for students graduating from institutions of higher learning in general has been 12% from 2006 to 2010. Thus, the decline in the number of students graduating from sports psychology courses is less than the change in the number of students graduating in all disciplines in the US.
The number of schools offering sports psychology programs has decreased. In the year 2006, there were 140 sports psychology schools in the US. And in the year 2010, there were 155 schools.
Sports Psychology Faculty Salaries
- Sports Psychology Schools in North Carolina3 Schools
- Sports Psychology Schools in Texas2 Schools
- Sports Psychology Schools in Iowa2 Schools
- Sports Psychology Schools in Michigan2 Schools
- Sports Psychology Schools in New York2 Schools
- Sports Psychology Schools in Wisconsin1 Schools
- Sports Psychology Schools in Kansas1 Schools
- Sports Psychology Schools in Tennessee1 Schools